Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What a day!

It rained all day yesterday but I consoled myself with the thought that it couldn't rain like that for two days and consequently it would be dry for the F1 fieldtrip to Perth today. My optimism was sadly unfounded! Here are some of the group at the top of Craigie Hill in Perth annotating their fieldsketches of the 'view'......

This was before the rain really set in! However, as I warned you before we set out (hence the advice about waterproofs!), rain does not stop play as far as Geography fieldwork is concerned. To your great credit, F1, you got very wet, your notebooks were sodden but few of you complained. Whether we will be able to do any of the follow-up work in your books remains to be seen!

I am looking out on sunshine this evening and thinking that we were very unlucky. Now my mind is turning to Friday and the D of E Bronze expeditions in the Ochils. It couldn't rain like today again..... or could it?!