Sunday, June 03, 2007

D of E Bronze Final Expedition - the real thing!

On Thursday, I uploaded a 'virtual' expedition to give all the third year D of E groups an idea of the terrain they would be covering this weekend. For the final expedition on Friday and Saturday, I supervised group 4. Here is a photographic record of their expedition. Congratulations girls - you did really well. I reckon, though other groups would probably like to disagree, that we had the most arduous first day route! You didn't compain - much and you were good company......



Even if you don't do D of E, have a look at the presentation - it might encourage you to have a go next year. And you might see some good Geography along the way. It was great to hear some of the participants this year telling me what they'd seen en route.... alluvial fans, U shaped valleys, interlocking spurs.... we must be doing something right in class!