Everyone is hoping that the weather will cheer up but if you look here , you will see that a year ago we had a shocking start to the holidays weather-wise and yet it developed into one of the best summers on record. So don't give up hope yet. If, like me, you are not straying far this summer, you may yet get a sun tan in Scotland!
So what does a Geography teacher do in her summer holiday? Geography, of course! Starting with....
I'm off to learn some 'new' Geography in Leeds this weekend. I'm going to be learning about avalanches, the 'gentrification' of inner city Leeds (making run-down areas posh!), GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and finally... how water management strategies can help overcome now frequent rainfall deficits. Given the rain in Leeds this week (picture below), I'm wondering if they might change that lecture!
You can also 'do' a bit of 'Geography by calculating your family's carbon footprint. Click on the image to link to this new on-line calculator..
Mindyou, with the outside temperature at 8 degrees as I type this, I'm thinking we could do with a bit of global warming.......
