
As mentioned in my last posting, I have spent the day in Leeds at a course for Geography teachers. I have never been to Leeds before so that was the first 'first'. The venue for the course was the Geography department of Leeds university....
Leeds uni has a large and well respected Geography department and I was certainly very
impressed with what I saw there. I think it would be a great place to study Geography - any of you who are considering studying Geography at university might like to pay their website a visit.The second 'first' is that I am posting this blog from a train. As I have my laptop with me and the train has a wifi link, I can post as I travel (who said 'sad'?!). I have just crossed the River Tweed via the Royal Border Bridge at Berwick on Tweed.....

This is obviously not my photo! However, thanks to Geograph, there is hardly a place in the UK for which you cannot get a photo if you have an Internet connection. Any of you who are heading somewhere in the UK for holiday might like to check out Geograph before you leave. If your parents don't know about this website, let them in on the secret!
And now that we are heading north from Berwick to Edinburgh, I am catching glimpses of this stunning coastline...
I never cease to be amazed by what modern technology can do. 150 years ago it would have been amazing enough just to be ON a train!Although I went to Leeds today, I didn't stay in Leeds last night. Here are some pics I took when I arrived in the evening and went out for a walk. Can you work out where I was? An atlas might help if you look at some of the towns and cities which are close to Leeds...
This is the River Ouse

Clifford's Tower is an important historical landmark which you can read about here. However, the most famous building in the city I stayed in last night is this one.....

The evening light is perfect for taking pics..
So, where do you think I was?

