Wednesday, June 06, 2007

End of session GMPAY competition

Sorry, for HSD pupils only......

As many of you know, I was in London on Monday and visited the Royal Geographical Scociety. There was a very interesting exhibition of artefacts which had belonged to past gold medal winners of the Society who include explorers like Captain Scott and Sir Edmund Hillary along with many academic geographers. I took this photo of a hat which had belonged to ..........


No..... on second thoughts, let's see if you can work out who its owner was! There is a CD/DVD token awaiting the pupil who can tell me who once wore this hat. There are no extra clues today but if no one guesses, I will start to post some clues in the days to come. In case there are a few of you who guess correctly on the same day, the tie breaker is as follows. As well as telling me who the owner of the hat was, you should write a suitable caption for the photo below.....


(This wonderful photo was a prize winner in its own right - in a competition run by Red Bull and advertised in the on-flight magazine I was reading on my way to London on Monday!)

If you know who wore that hat, think up a caption for the photo and email your entry to me (email address in the 'address book' in the School email system) or write your answer along with your name on a piece of paper and hand to any of the Geography department staff. Good luck!